In this blog post we are going to discuss the all-important checklist for the videography and photography on your wedding day. Whilst a professional videographer or photographer will always know exactly what moments to capture, it may helpful for you to compile a checklist beforehand to ensure you’re happy that every moment of your big day is being filmed or photographed.
Some of the most intimate moments we capture for our brides and grooms are in the preparation stage. In the early morning or in the hours before the ceremony, the team here at Drangan video take time to capture those special moments that no one else gets to see. We would wholly recommend that you ask your photographer to be present at this time also.
• Bride, Maid of Honour and bridesmaids getting ready
• Family moments such as the family seeing the bride for the first time in all her finery.
• The wedding cars arriving.
• Filming well wishes with your neighbours and friends in the area.
• Groom, Best Man and groomsmen getting ready.
• Family shots in the home with both families.
• Pinning of the boutonnière between father/best man and son.
The ceremony is indeed the most important aspect of your big day and it’s great if your videographer and photographer can work in harmony to capture every moment.
• Guests arriving at the ceremony venue.
• Shots of the exterior and interior of the venue.
• Detailed shots of wedding booklets.
• Family members arriving and being seated by your ushers or grooms party.
• Father and bride making their way into the ceremony and down the aisle.
• Every moment of the ceremony.
• First kiss.
• Processional or exit from the ceremony venue.
Now that it’s time to celebrate, you can kick back and relax, dance, eat, drink and be merry while your photographer and wedding videographer capture every moment of the party.
• Interior and exterior shots of the reception venue.
• Guests signing guest book.
• The all important speeches.
• Cutting the cake.
• Your very first dance as a married couple.
It’s always a nice idea to capture the little things that make up the décor of your big day, so don’t feel shy to ask your photographer or videographer to take shots of the centrepieces, table plan, floral arrangements and wedding favours.
If you and your loved one are planning your big day and are looking for a wedding videographer with flair, please do feel free to get in touch with the team here at Drangan Video. We also work closely with a number of professional wedding photographers and will be happy to make recommendations. Remember, the team here at Drangan Video are happy to travel anywhere in the country to film the most important day of your life. Whether you are based in Cork, Kilkenny, Limerick or Galway we will travel at absolutely no extra cost to you.