Here at Drangan Video we are in the unique position of being able to recommend wedding venues up and down the country. Every week, sometimes three or four times a week, for over a decade, we have been blessed to provide wedding videography services to couples in every county and major town in Ireland, it’s a job we love and take great joy from.
In this blog post, we’re going to have a look at some of our favourite wedding destinations in Ireland, not specifically delving into venues but into the most scenic locations across the country. So if you’re planning a wedding this year and wondering about scenic spots for your wedding video or photographs, we hope this hits the spot.
Wedding Videography locations in Tipperary are around every corner and we absolutely love to travel here to provide our services for Brides and Grooms.
• The Rock of Cashel – a stunning backdrop for any wedding video or photograph. This is one of our most popular destinations for brides and grooms in Tipperary.
• Cahir Castle – another jawdroppingly beautiful location for pics and video shots on your wedding day.
• Swiss Cottage – Set in beautiful grounds in Cahir, the Swiss Cottage is a firm favourite with Tipperary brides and grooms.
This impressive medieval City with it’s wonderful architecture and the majestic Kilkenny Castle, make it a firm favourite with our couples for photographs and videos on their big day.
• Kilkenny Castle – step into the grounds of Kilkenny Castle and experience a backdrop like no other for your wedding videos or photographs. This impressive location is always top of our must-visit places when filming a wedding in the area.
• The Black Abbey – perfect for those who want a dramatic backdrop with the original stained glass windows that are unparalelled elsewhere in the country.
• Woodstock Gardens and Arboretum – you have probably seen us mention this place before. Beautiful during the summer months when the roses are in bloom.
Over the past number of years, we have seen our visits increase to Waterford as more and more brides and grooms seek our unique wedding videography services. Here are some of our firm favourite locations, which would also be perfect for your wedding photos.
• Curraghmore House and Gardens – with over 2,500 acres of magnificent grounds and a manor house that is simply breath-taking, Curraghmore House is one of our firm favourite wedding video destinations.
• The Vee – Take a trip to the Knockmealdowns on the way to your reception venue for the most breath-taking views and unbeatable scenery.
• Reginalds Tower – situated in the heart of Waterford on the quays, Reginalds Tower is the focal point for anyone entering the city, a wonderful backdrop for some memorable shots.
We hope you have enjoyed this run down of our favourite places for wedding videography and photography in Tipperary, Kilkenny and Waterford and would love to hear from you if you have any other suggestions for hidden gems we may not be aware of.
For those of you planning your wedding for 2018 and 2019, please feel free to get in touch with us here at Drangan Video for guaranteed professional videography services available throughout the country.
More wedding news from Tipperary and Kilkenny next week