When it comes to recording the memories on your big day, there are certain moments that you will want to capture forever in print or on video. Here at Drangan Video we put a special emphasis on the importance of these events and make sure to capture them in a manner that is discreet and tasteful. With this in mind we have compiled a checklist that you can share with your photographer or videographer (that’s us!).
Capturing the Preparation on the Morning of your Wedding:
The morning of your wedding will go by so fast; you’ll hardly have a moment to take stock of what’s going on around you. We believe that these preparations are an integral part of your big day and it’s vitally important that we capture them in all their glory, for you to enjoy after the event and for years to come.
The perfect pics during the morning preparations can include:
• The brides wedding dress hanging up or laid out, ready to be worn.
• Smiles all round as the bridal party get their hair and makeup done.
• Dressing of the bride – posed photographs with the bride and bridal party assisting the bride with veil, shoes, lacing of dress etc.
• The groom and groomsmen getting ready and donning their finery for the big day.
• Father and son images, getting ready, tying dickie bows and ties.
• Family seeing bride in her gown for the first time.
At the Wedding Ceremony:
• Images or video capture of the ceremony venue before the guests arrive. Preferably indoor and outdoor shots if possible with flowers and décor in situ.
• Wedding ceremony booklets or mass booklets/programmes.
• Photographs/video of the guests arriving at the ceremony venue and being greeted by ushers or grooms party.
• Footage of the musicians or church singers as they set up in your chosen venue.
• Arrival of the bridal parties at the ceremony venue.
• Arrival of immediate family members.
• The procession of the bridal party as they walk up the aisle. This should include any children that are partaking in the ceremony.
• Images of the groom as he waits for his bride to reach the top of the aisle.
• The bride and her father or guardian as they walk up the aisle.
• The expressions on the faces of the bride and the groom as they see each other for the very first time on their wedding day.
• Exchanging of vows.
• Guests as they enjoy the ceremony.
• Lighting of candles if the ceremony is a religious one.
• The exchanging of rings.
• The first kiss.
• Any readers or speechmakers at the ceremony.
• Group photos of the bride and groom with the most important people in their lives.
• Exit from the ceremony – confetti throwing, group images and guards of honour if required.
At the Reception:
• Photo’s/video footage of the reception venue before guests arrive. Special emphasis on décor, props, centerpieces, floral arrangements and favours.
• Introduction by venue host of bride and groom. Capturing the moment when the bride and groom enter the reception venue.
• Guests as they relax into the celebrations of the day.
• The speeches.
• The cutting of the cake.
• That all-important first dance.
• Signing of the guest book.
• Throwing of the bouquet.
For all your wedding videography needs, please do get in touch with Eamon here at Drangan Video and he will talk you through all of the options available to you. The team at Drangan Video offer their services nationwide and will always be on-hand to answer any queries you may have.
More Tipperary/Kilkenny wedding news soon.