Your Wedding day is one of the most important days of your life, it is understandable that most people will be nervous and stressed in the months and weeks leading up the big day. I came across a very helpful article on WeddingJournalOnline.com.
Here are some tips to help you stay calm and collected in the lead up to your wedding and on the big day itself. As they say, ‘Keep Calm & Marry On…’
- Get some light exercise in the days leading up to the wedding. Having a physical outlet to release some of your tension will really help.
- If you’re making a speech, prepare it thoroughly so you have one less thing to fret about.
- Revisit your ‘to do’ list from when you began to prepare for your wedding. Tick off all of the things you’ve achieved and sorted out. This will reassure you that you’re ready and of course, help you complete any last minute jobs.
- Make the most of your wedding rehearsal, asking any questions you have and ensuring that all the relevant members of your wedding party know what they are meant to do on the day.
- A key factor to help you stay calm during wedding preparations is to designate some ‘non-wedding’ time where it’s forbidden to talk about flower arrangements or guest lists.
- Try to get a good night’s sleep the night before the wedding. The adrenaline might keep you going, but tiredness makes most people more edgy.
You can read the full article on the WeddingJournalOnline.com website