As the Maid of Honour on your friend’s big day, it will be your responsibility to ensure the Bride wants for nothing and is totally oblivious to any panic that may be going on in the background. In this article we look at how you can take your Maid of Honour duties to the next level and have guests and family marvelling at your calm demeanour and precise organizational skills. You may be panicking on the inside, but by following the tips below you can be assured of a trouble-free day!
1. In the weeks leading up to the big day, take it upon yourself to make a personal phone call to each of the bridal suppliers, include the videographer, the photographer, florist, ceremony venue and reception venue and leave them with your number. This will take great pressure off the Bride and will ensure you are kept up to date on any last minute changes that may occur.
2. Also make sure to extend a phone call to each member of the bridal party, including but not limited to the groomsman, bridesmaids, ushers and parents of any children who may be partaking in the wedding ceremony. Make it clear that if anyone needs anything in the lead up to the big day or if anyone has any questions, that they can contact you directly.
3. Regularly check in with the Bride to see if she needs assistance with any last minute plans and assure her that you can take up any challenge that may arise. After all you are there to make sure her day goes as smoothly as possible!
The day itself is going to be busy and you will need your wits about you to ensure everything goes as planned. Don’t sweat the small stuff and know that you can’t plan for every eventuality; some surprises will happen that goes without saying and some may even add to the happiness of the day! That said, here are some useful tips that you can keep in your armoury:
4. Wedding Day Appointments – By having a clear itinerary made out in advance you can ensure that all members of the bridal party can keep to their appointments on the morning of the wedding. Perhaps you can organize transport to and from the hairdressers if necessary or arrange a timeline for each of the bridesmaids to have their make-up done. A schedule will help not just the bridal party but also the professionals providing the services on the morning.
5. Make sure everyone gets a good breakfast! Now, we’re not suggesting for a moment that you should don your apron and cook up a feast for such a large gathering; however, it may be advisable to organize someone else who can do this for you on the morning of the wedding. It’s going to be a long day and will most likely be the evening before you all sit down to enjoy a meal. A good breakfast will set you all up for the day and will allay any crankiness that may come with hunger pangs!
6. Carry an emergency kit in your clutch or handbag – we can’t stress this enough! The emergency kit can include:
• Clear nail varnish
• Sewing needle
• Small scissors
In the lead up to the big day there will of course be so much more for you to do, the great thing about the wedding day itself is that all the plans have already been made and confirmed and you can relax and enjoy the day with your very best friend. Let her know that you are at her beck and call and that you are willing and excited to help out in any way you possibly can. By the time the evening comes around you will be able to party like everyone else and pat yourself on the back for a job very well done indeed!
Drangan Video provides videography services for brides and grooms throughout Ireland and would love to hear from you at any time of the year. Our packages are both affordable and professional and we have years of very satisfied customers who will be more than happy to share their experiences. Feel free to get in touch with Eamon here by email or phone at any time that is convenient to you.
More Wedding News Soon