The team here at Drangan Video have been providing wedding video services to Brides and Grooms in Kilkenny, Tipperary and across Ireland for over 25 years. During this time we have faced many challenges and have successfully delivered top quality wedding videos for our wonderful couples. Whilst a global pandemic isn’t something we have dealt with before (thankfully), we would like to reassure our customers that the team here at Drangan Video have been working behind the scenes over the past number of months to ensure we have all angles covered (pardon the pun!).
With the onset of Covid 19 in Ireland back in March, many of our Tipperary/Kilenny couples had to postpone their weddings or reduce the numbers in attendance to adhere with health guidelines. This has been an incredibly stressful time for brides and grooms and we commend them on their resilience, optimism and determination to keep their families and guests safe during this time.
Now that there is light at the end of the tunnel, with the numbers decreasing day on day, couples who are planning their wedding now have a clearer picture of how their revised big day will look. We encourage our brides and grooms to contact us with any queries they might have and we very much look forward to capturing your special moments on video for you to share with family and friends.
Some pointers for planning your wedding in 2020:
• All wedding suppliers should have procedures in place that you can review prior to the big day. You should ask the vendor for a copy of these procedures/policies so that you can be assured they are taking the necessary precautions throughout the day.
• Speak to your venue about the numbers they can cater for and keep in mind that any numbers provided in current health guidelines will need to allow for staff at the venue.
• Ask your venue if they have an outdoor space you can use for the ceremony or reception. Currently, outdoor weddings and events can cater for larger groups of people, so this may be an option for those who do not want to reduce guest numbers.
• Should you be exchanging vows in a church or religious venue, speak to the priest or celebrant about seating for your guests. Can seating be arranged to accommodate social distancing between family groups?
• Guests coming from abroad may have trouble getting to the wedding due to travel restrictions or they simply may not feel comfortable about travelling just yet. Speak to these guests and reassure them that there is no pressure for them to travel.
• Organise a live stream of the event for those who may not be able to attend on the big day. The team here at Drangan Video can talk you through the process involved and provide a link for you to share with family and friends both at home and abroad.
The team here at Drangan Video would like to extend our very best wishes to all couples that are planning a wedding over the next few months. Whilst things may seem uncertain now, you can be assured that wedding suppliers and venues right across the country are working hard to ensure your big day is an outstanding success. Should you have any questions at all or wish to speak with us about live-streaming your wedding or event, please do get in touch with Eamon here and he will gladly provide any information you require.